top of page
  • Writer's pictureWTFC

An entertaining match as the Woodpeckers maintained their third-place league position

With a 5-2 win against Fakenham Town FC , which was also a third league win on the trot, as new signings Evan Bolt and Kade Ivatt continued to be influential , against opponents who tried hard throughout.

Luke Mallett's cross was parried by away keeper Tom Coombe after 11 minutes. Alex Brassero's shot for the visitors from 25 yards went over the bar and a minute later from Luke Taylor's through ball, Mallett's pass found Ivatt and his shot was parried for a corner by Coombe. The visitors took the lead after 18 minutes when Ashley Jarvis' neat finish beat home keeper Alfie Stronge. Jarvis nearly scored again after 25 minutes but was denied by Stronge. Bolt's superb Thunderbolt effort from 30 yards hit the top corner of the net and it was 1-1 after 27 minutes and on the half hour the dangerous Jarvis was clean through and Stronge blocked his effort. Bolt's free kick went inches wide after a foul on Mark Ray after 36 minutes. The Woodpeckers took the lead just before the break when after wing trickery from Mallett, Callum Sinclair's curling shot and it was 2-1.

Stronge denied Jarvis yet again after 47 minutes and another accurate Bolt free kick found Substitute Rhys Barber and he headed past Coombe. A Bolt free kick from a similar position found Captain Andy Crowe but Coombe saved for a corner. Ryan Keeble's cross after 66 minutes found Ray and a after quick turn and shot to make it 4-1. Left back Harvey Ramm's effort after 68 minutes was saved by Stronge and after 86 minutes after a foul on Mallett inside the area he stepped up to make no mistake with the penalty. Ethan Broom's one two with Ray after 88 minutes and Ray's effort was on target. Jayden Vadhir's free kick in the last minute went straight in and it was 5-2 as Ramm's eventful match ended in the sin bin.

Stronge, Panich, Mallett, Southgate, Taylor, Crowe (Capt), Keeble, Callum Sinclair, Ray, Bolt, Ivatt, Subs: Barber for Panich 45 mins, Broom for Ivatt 75 Mins, Petrea for Callum Sinclair 81 mins.

Coombe, Rasberry, Ramm, Hogston, Guyton (Capt), Walpole, Dickinson, Whiteley, Jarvis, Brasero, Watts, Subs: Frostick, Page, Vadhir, Edwards.

Referee: Harvey Newstead, Assistants: Carl Beer, Luke Hammond.

Att: 150

114 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Woodbridge Town 2-1 Newmarket Town

By Rob Binns Woodbridge Town made it back-to-back wins at the Homestyle Ground, producing a fantastic performance to defeat high-flying Newmarket Town 2-1. Kelsey Trotter put the Peckers in front in t

Woodbridge Town 2-0 Ely City

By Rob Binns Woodbridge Town’s first home match since November saw their four-month winless run finally come to an end, beating Ely City 2-0. Andrew Crowe netted both goals inside the opening 10 minut

bottom of page