top of page
Club Welfare and Safeguarding
carl shemmings.jpg
Safeguarding in sport and physical activity is about protecting children and adults from harm, abuse, harassment, bullying and neglect. Everyone has a role to play in keeping others safe and should know what to do if they have any concerns.
Club Welfare Officer
Carl Shemmings
fa safeguarding.jpg

What if I have a safeguarding concern?

If you're worried about a child, or Adult Player, it’s vital you report your concerns. There are five ways to do this:

  1. To your club or league Designated Safeguarding Officer (usually referred to as the club welfare officer in grassroots football);

  2. To your County FA Designated Safeguarding Officer. Here's a list of all County FA contact details;

  3. By emailing our Safeguarding Team at

  4. If urgent and you cannot contact your club, league or County FA Designated Safeguarding Officer, you can contact the NSPCC Helpline for expert advice and support on 0808 800 5000 or;

  5. If it's an emergency because a child or children are at immediate risk, then call the Police or Children’s Social Care in your area.

suffolk fa.jfif
bottom of page