U18 Thurlow Nunn Youth League
 Felixstowe & Walton Utd 3 Woodbridge Town 3

The Under 18's progressed to the next round of the Thurlow Nunn Youth Cup where they play Walsham Le Willows U-18s next Thursday night at Notcutts Park ((26th) after Lewis Dyer's injury time equaliser forced a shoot out after for the second week running Anthony Fryatt's team were the better side in an entertaining match at Dellwood Avenue.

Sean Munro cleared off the line after only 50 seconds for the away side and Harrison Bacon's effort missed the target after 7 minutes for the Woodpeckers. Jake Preston's effort missed the target for the home side after 15 minutes but the away side took the lead after 23 minutes when after great play by Jake Conway and his pass found Captain Lucas Naylor, his superb finish gave home keeper Oliver Fisher no chance to make it 1-0. Bacon's hot just missed the target after 35 minutes and Josh Leech's shot a minute later from long distance was blocked. The home side equalised after 43 minutes when Substitute Issac Scott's shot made it 1-1. Lewis Smy's shot in off the post just before half time made it 2-1 after 45 minutes and Naylor's shot was deflected for a corner at the other end.

Dyer's shot went just over the bar after 49 minutes and Bacon's shot went wide of the post after 57 minutes as the away side searched for an equaliser but after 70 minutes it duly arrived when Naylor's accurate cross found Ryan Chidlow and he made it 2-2 with a neat finish. Good footwork by away keeper John Steel after 77 minutes denied a home attack but after 81 minutes it was 3-2 to Felixstowe when Preston's shot from close range gave Steel no chance. Bacon's cross after 82 minutes was headed over the bar by Dyer and in the seventh minute of injury time Joe Berry's shot tested Fisher but in the eighth minute of added time after Conway's shot was saved by Fisher, Dyer was on hand to make it 3-3 with the last kick of normal time.

Bacon, Dyer and Charles Lusher scored their spot kicks with keeper Steel saving Felixstowe's fourth penalty kick diving to his left to clinch the tie on penalties 3-1 after the home side's second and third attempts missed the target.

Steel, Murphy, Bright, Leech, Munro, Berry, Bacon, Naylor (Capt), Dyer, Conway, Chidlow, Subs: Hughes, Lusher, Stagg, Cox, Challis.

  • Facebook Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon

Copyright 2017 | Woodbridge Town Football Club | All rights reserved

Notcutts Park, Fynn Road, Woodbridge, Suffolk, United Kingdom, IP12 4LS

Telephone: 01394 385308

WTFC Privacy and Cookies Policy