top of page
  • Writer's pictureWTFC

A draw was probably a fair result with both defences on top in the second half as the in- form visit

The home side started brightly when a handball inside the area resulted in a penalty kick after only 40 seconds, Luke Mallett stepped up but his spot kick was parried to his right by away keeper Steve Fenner. Callum Sinclair's corner found Ryan Keeble after 11 minutes but his effort was blocked. Evan Bolt's through ball after 19 minutes was met by Mark Ray and his shot went in, in off the post. Andy Crowe's effort hit the side netting after 27 minutes but the visitors equalised after 38 minutes when Ryan Clark's corner from the left wing went straight in.

Callum found himself clean through after 50 minutes but a goal saving tackle from Jordan Southgate kept the scoreline at 1-1. Substitute Joel Glover's shot from 25 yards missed the target after 71 minutes for the visitors. Ray's curling shot went inches wide after 76 minutes and in the last-minute Substitute Joe Greenslade-Cross' powerful shot was parried by home keeper Alfie Stronge and at the other end, Ray's effort tested Fenner.

Stronge, Callum Sinclair, Mallett, Rea (Capt), Haynes-Brown, Mason Sinclair, Taylor Southgate, Crowe, Ray, Keeble. Mallett, subs: Taylor for Haynes-Brown 52 Mins, Ethan Broom for Keeble 85 Mins, unused: Petrea, Clark.

Tenner, Last, Harvey, Hubbard, Jordan Southgate, Saffrey, Chaplin, Clark, Smith, Brame, McKenzie-Vince, Subs: Keylock, Glover, Greenslade Cross, Cooper.

Referee: Ashley Butler, Assistants: Daniel McKenzie, Carl Phillips.

written by John Middleditch


82 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Woodbridge Town 2-1 Newmarket Town

By Rob Binns Woodbridge Town made it back-to-back wins at the Homestyle Ground, producing a fantastic performance to defeat high-flying Newmarket Town 2-1. Kelsey Trotter put the Peckers in front in t

Woodbridge Town 2-0 Ely City

By Rob Binns Woodbridge Town’s first home match since November saw their four-month winless run finally come to an end, beating Ely City 2-0. Andrew Crowe netted both goals inside the opening 10 minut

bottom of page